My close friends and family all know that I LOVE making homemade beauty products. I really enjoy making body scrubs, lotion bars, bath teas and lip scrubs. My favorite thing to do is to discover which herbs and essential oils are natural healers for a specific issue and add them to my products. I often times make these homemade products as gifts to give away to my friends and family.
I recently decided to start selling my products at a great Organic and All Natural Bath and Body Consignment Store here is Phoenix called Good Body. I have been playing in the kitchen with ideas on which products to sell and how to keep it simple. I realized as I was creating that all of these products are very easy for anyone to do, so I wanted to share a recipe with each of you.
I like lotion bars because they are convenient and easy to use when you need to get lotion all over your body. You can add oils to them or keep it simple. I use coconut oil every day on my skin and hair, so my recipe calls for coconut oil, grape seed oil and sweet almond oil. All three of these oils are great for your skin and wonderful moisturizers which is why they are key to a great lotion bar. The key to healthy skin is to keep it moisturized and drink LOTS of water. I hope you enjoy!
Le Belle Amour Luscious Lotion Bars
- 1 cup Shea Butter
- 1 cup Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Grape Seed Oil
- ¼ cup Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 cup Beeswax
- 1 tsp Vitamin E Oil (optional)
- 20 drops Essential Oil (optional)
- Fill a small saucepan with 3-4 inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Add Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, and Beeswax to a mason jar and set the mason jar into the pot.
- Boil until melted, then remove from heat. You can microwave the ingredients if you like but I prefer to boil the mixture.
- Add Grape Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil ,Vitamin E Oil and your preferred Essential Oil, and stir until well incorporated.
- While still liquid, pour lotion into silicone molds and allow the mixture to harden. I use a silicone cupcake tray, but I would recommend using what works best for you.
- Allow the bars to cool for a few hours by placing them in the freezer. Once that have harden, just remove the lotion bars, and begin using them.