Day 7: 22 Days of Vegan Meals
Meal plan and recipes by Gena Hamshaw, certified clinical nutritionist and author of Choosing Raw
Smoothie of 1/2 frozen banana, 1 cup frozen peaches, 2 ice cubes, 3/4 cup almond milk, 1 cup leafy greens, and 1 serving 22Days Nutrition vanilla protein powder
Leftover black bean and corn burger, small salad. No leftovers? Here’s the recipe again.
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 cup fresh, frozen or canned organic corn kernels
1 can organic, low sodium black beans, drained (or 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans)
1 cup brown rice, cooked
1/4 cup oat flour (or ground, rolled oats)
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 tsp cumin
1 heaping tsp paprika
1 heaping tsp chili powder
1/2 – 1 tsp sea salt (to taste)
Black pepper or red pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a large sauté pan. Add the onion and saute till onion is golden, soft, and fragrant (about 5-8 minutes).
3. Add corn, beans and tomato paste to the pan and heat through.
4. Place cooked rice into the bowl of a food processor. Add the beans, onion, tomato paste, and corn mixture. Pulse to combine. Add spices, oat flour, and a touch of water, if you need it. Pulse more, until you have a thick and sticky (but pliable) mixture. If the mixture is too wet, add a tablespoon or two of additional oat flour.
5. Shape into 4 burgers and place burgers on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 -30 minutes, or until burgers are lightly crisped, flipping once through. Serve with fresh guacamole, if desired!
1/4 cup vegan trail mix of choice (or 2 tbsp raw almonds or cashews and 2 tbsp dried fruit)
1 cup cooked quinoa, brown rice, or millet, served with 1/2 chopped avocado, 1 cup steamed greens, and dressing of choice (from dressing options in recipe index).
1/2 cup chocomole (serves 2)
1 large, ripe Haas avocado, pitted
½ tsp vanilla
4 heaping tablespoons raw cacao powder
3 tbsp maple syrup or agave
1/4 cup water (more as needed)
Place all ingredients in a food processor or Vitamix and blend till smooth. Serve.