Day 15: 22 Days of Vegan Meals
Meal plan and recipes by Gena Hamshaw, certified clinical nutritionist and author of Choosing Raw
Strawberry ginger chia pudding (makes 2 servings)
6 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup frozen or regular strawberries
1 3/4 cups almond milk
3/4 tsp ginger powder (substitute cinnamon if you prefer)
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Blend the strawberries, milk, ginger, and sweetener together on high till smooth.
2. Pour liquid over the chia seeds, and stir every couple of minutes for the next fifteen minutes. Let sit for a few hours or overnight in the fridge. Serve.
Leftover brown rice and lentil salad, served with a large mixed vegetable salad and dressing of choice from recipe index. (recipe below serves 4)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 15-oz can organic, no sodium added lentils, rinsed, or 1 1/ cups cooked lentils
1 carrot, diced or grated
4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Whisk oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
2. Add the rice, lentils, carrot and parsley. Mix well and serve.
2 peanut butter and jelly snack balls (recipe makes 20 Balls)
1 1/2 cups organic roasted, unsalted peanuts
1 1/2 cups dark raisins
2 tablespoons peanut butter
Pinch sea salt
1. Add all ingredients to a food processor and process till the peanuts are broken down and the mixture is starting to stick together. It may release a little oil, but that’s OK.
2. Roll mixture into 1 inch balls. Store in the fridge for at least thirty minutes before
Raw “peanut” noodles with steamed vegetables or fresh salad as desired (serves 2)
For the dressing:
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tsp sesame oil (toasted)
2 tbsp mellow white miso
3 dates, pitted, or ¼ cup maple syrup
1 tbsp nama shoyu
1/4 cup water
For the noodles:
1 red bell pepper, sliced into matchsticks
1 carrot, grated
1 small cucumber, peeled into thin strips
1 cup thinly sliced, steamed snow peas
1/4 cup chopped scallions or green onion
1. Blend dressing ingredients in a high speed blender until all ingredients are creamy and smooth.
2. Use a spiralizer or julienne peeler to cut the zucchini into long, thin “noodles.” Combine the zucchini with the pepper, carrot, cucumber, and scallions.
3. Dress the noodles with enough dressing to coat them well. Serve.