Day 5: 22 Days of Vegan Meals
Meal plan and recipes by Gena Hamshaw, certified clinical nutritionist and author of Choosing Raw
Smoothie with 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1 serving chocolate 22Days Nutrition protein, 3 tablespoons of hemp seeds, and 1 cup leafy greens of choice
Leftover white bean and summer vegetable pasta or a large green salad with half a cup of beans or lentils, two tablespoons sliced almonds, vegetables of your choosing, and turmeric tahini dressing
Apple with 2 tablespoons almond butter
Butternut squash curry served over 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, steamed vegetables as desired
Raw, Vegan Dark Chocolate Cherry Cookies (makes about 8 large cookies; recipe can be easily doubled )
1 cup almond meal (you can use store bought, like the Bob’s Red Mill brand, or you can grind almonds finely in a food processor)
1/3 cup oat flour (I ground raw oat groats in my coffee grinder, but you can use store bought, too)
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
12 large, pitted medjool dates
1/3 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup chopped raw dark chocolate, or vegan dark chocolate chips
1. In a food processor, process almond meal, oat flour, and cacao to combine.
2. Add dates, and process until the mixture is thick and sticks together easily when you clasp a little in your hand (look for similar texture to when you make homemade raw energy balls or Larabars). If the mixture is too dry, add an extra date, a drizzle of agave, or a tablespoon of almond butter!
3. Add cherries and chocolate. Pulse to break down the cherries and chocolate into small pieces and mix them evenly throughout.
4. Place “dough” onto a sheet of saran wrap that has been laid onto a flat surface. Cover with another saran sheet, and use a rolling pin to flatten the mixture to just over 1/4 inch thick. Refrigerate for a few hours, or overnight.
5. Cut dough into desired shapes with a cookie cutter, and enjoy!