I love a good challenge and can’t wait to start the “30 Day Squat Challenge” today. The challenge came from my mom, so a group of my family and friends have decided to start the challenge. I would like to extend the challenge to each of you and invite you to share your results. In addition to the squat challenge, I would like to add an abs challenge as well. Here are the rules:
- You can start this Challenge at any time! There’s no better time than the present so why not get started now?
- Go take a picture of yourself! Take a picture of yourself in a sports bra and shorts (guys – just shorts will do :->).
- Figure out how many calories you need per day. Use this calorie calculator. The number you get is the number of calories you need to MAINTAIN your current weight. To lose weight you need to reduce your daily intake by 250 – 500 calories per day. Never go below 1200 calories per day! Especially if you are working out!
- Track your meals. Here’s the tracking template. If you want to make your own meal plans print this planning template and this actual template for planning and tracking your meals.
- Water – Drink at least a gallon of water per day.
- Cut fried foods.
- Cut all processed/packaged foods such as energy bars, cereal, chips, crackers, etc.
- Cut white flour.
- Cut sugar.
- Cut most alcohol. The challenge will be most effective if you cut all alcohol but if you must have a drink only allow yourself a couple of drinks per week. When you do have a drink you MUST count those calories toward your daily calorie allowance. Alcohol is a major contributor to bloating so you can see how it would be counterproductive to drink while doing the challenge.
- Eat Fresh! Try to eat as many fresh, non-canned & unfrozen fruits & veggies as possible.
I have posted the images below for you to copy and post/print for your convenience. I wish you all the best on the challenge, make sure you visit the site to get tips, recipes and workouts to use during the challenge.